What is Aadhaar Card?
Adhaar Card,(addhar card) a 12 digit Unique Identification Number (UID) for Indian residents has been introduced by Govt. of India is not only another Photo Identity Card but it also comes with lot of key benefits. This 12 digit UID is auto generated irrespective of individuals caste, religion etc. and is completely unique. This Unique Identification Number serves as the common proof for both photo as well as address anywhere in India.
Aadhaar Card Importance and Benefits
- PAHAL, a Direct Benefit Transfer system for LPG subsidy (DBTL) links your Aadhaar number to the 17 digit LPG consumer number and reimburses your LPG subsidy direct to your registered bank account.
- Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) a scheme which can allow you to open a zero balance savings account and also have other additional benefits like Rupay Card, low premium life and accident insurance coverage and many more.
- Now you can get your passport within 10 Days if you have an Aadhaar Card. Also the police verification could be done on a later date.
- You can use the Digital Locker facility and store your personal documents in Govt.s’ secure server.
- Services like Pension, Provident Fund, Share Market and Banks treats it as sufficient KYC identity proof to open or maintain an account.
Aadhaar Card Frequently Asked Questions
There are several Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Aadhaar Card those are essential to know:
Who can apply for Aadhaar Card?
Any Resident of India passes the verification process can be entitled to have a UID no.. There is no restriction or discrimination on age, caste, language, religion or social and financial background.
Is there any fees?
No, it is absolutely free of cost; you can only get your Aadhaar Card by passing the verification process conducted by The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for Govt. of India.
Is it compulsory to have an Aadhaar Card?
Although it has not been assigned as compulsory, but looking at the benefits you can easily count it as most Important ID proofs to have.
Is it a Smart Card?
No, more than a Card it is a 12 digits Unique Identification No. which is enrolled to every resident by Govt. of India.
How to enroll for Aadhaar Card?
First, visit following the URL https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ and fill the form with valid informations and contact details. Also select the enrolment centre, date and time for further Physical verification process. At the time of Physical verification you must bring the necessary documents requested. And finally after successful verification process you can get your Aadhaar Card mailed at your doorsteps.
Aadhaar Card Enrollment Process: Click Here
What are the Aadhaar Card documents needed in enrollment centre?
There are four classes of documents needed, namely Proof of Identity (PoI), Proof of Address (PoA), Proof of Relationship (PoR) and Proof of Date Of Birth (DOB). You can find the list of valid documents at your enrolment centre or Govt. website.
Aadhaar Card Documents: Click Here
Where to contact for any query or complaint?
Following are the contact details for further query or complains:
Telephone Number: 1800-300-1947 (Toll-free)
Fax: 080-2353 1947
Mailing Address: PO Box 1947, GPO Bangalore – 560001
Email Address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Aadhaar Card serves more than you thought before. It is not only an ID proof or a replacement of previous ID Cards like EPIC or voter card, but a new unique identification method that has additional benefits with which you can enjoy all the utility offered.