Procedure for filing application for new “ration card”
- Application can be filed at any service kiosk located at Bangalore One/ Karnataka One/ Private
franchises/ Janasnehi Kendra/ Grama Panachayath/ POS shops
- Applicant and the family members to be added need to provide Aadhar based bio-metric
authentication at the stage of filing application. For children below 5 years, bio-metric
authentication is not required but aadhar card is mandatory.
- No other document is required except the aadhar card.
- All the details i.e., Name, Photo, Age, Sex, Address, Mobile Number as appearing in the aadhar
card of the applicant and his family members are copied automatically to the “ration card”
- At-least one member of the applicant’s family should have the current address of their residence
entered correctly in the aadhar card. If not, then at-least one member of the family should get
his/her address updated to their current residence address by going to the aadhar enrolment
- The mobile number to be provided should be registered in Aadhar card. If it is not done already,
then at-least one family member’s mobile should be registered in aadhar. But providing mobile
number is not mandatory.
- The applicant should correctly select his ward no in urban areas and should correctly select his
Grama Panchayath in rural areas.
- The applicant can choose any fair price shop of his choice within his Taluk/City.
- All the family members should preferably go together. If they go separately, then application fee
has to be given every time. Application fee Rs. 50/-
- The eldest female member of the household can only be selected as Head of the household as per
the provisions of National Food Security Act-2013.
- The application is sent automatically to the concerned Ward/ Grama Panchayath official for
verification through computer software.
- The concerned official visits the house of the applicant for verification and approves the ration
card if the applicant is found eligible.
- The applicant is informed through SMS at various stages i.e., Advance intimation about date of
visit of the official to his place of residence for verification of his application, Approval/Rejection
of his application.
- Ration card is delivered to the doorstep of the applicant through Speed post within 15 days from
the date of filing application under SAKALA. The applicant is required to pay Rs. 70/- to the post
- Now get ready to process your “ration cad”
Alternate Link for Apply new ration card Click here